[meteorite-list] sulphurous smell of meteorites (wasTemperature of meteorites)

From: Mark Grossman <markig_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:15:17 -0500

Not saying the chemical was present at the site of the fall, but the scent
of new mown hay is a description for the odor of phosgene, an extremely
toxic gas which contains chlorine and oxygen, but not sulfur, and which was
used as a chemical warfare agent in WWI.

Mark

Mark Grossman
Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510