[meteorite-list] Cometary meteorites

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 14:48:18 -0700 (MST)

Hi:

I have said this to you before that there is about zero evidence that
carbonaceous chondrites are from comets. There is only minimal evidence
that there are hydrated silicates in comets and at least the CI and CM CCs
very much aqueously altered and are consistent with an origin from C, B,
and G (and maybe D) asteroids.

Larry