[meteorite-list] Question, Thin sections

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 16:43:57 EST

Hello Dave,

Interesting question.
I am not a scientist, but because I sell a lot of thin-sections, I deal
with many scientists, and very often, and I am told that Tom's pictures are
very pretty but often at a much too high a magnification, so crystallization
patterns, among others things, become difficult to see.

I would suggest that you compare with the pictures, taken by John Kashuba,
on my website: _http://www.impactika.com/TSlist.htm_
(http://www.impactika.com/TSlist.htm) (click on any Ref# highlighted in yellow).
And see for yourself if you can recognize chondrules of various types, and
other crystals.

You could also read the "Micro-visions" articles in Meteorite-Times and the
Centerpiece in Meteorite Magazine. And if you want to know how a microprobe
functions, and what information you get out of it, then read the article I
wrote for the IMCA news
letter:http://imca.cc/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=185

I hope this helps.

Anne M. Black
_http://www.impactika.com/_ (http://www.impactika.com/)
_IMPACTIKA at aol.com_ (mailto:IMPACTIKA at aol.com)
President, I.M.C.A. Inc.
_http://www.imca.cc/_ (http://www.imca.cc/)

In a message dated 11/23/2010 2:21:23 PM Mountain Standard Time,