[meteorite-list] nano diamonds in Allende

From: Tomasz Jakubowski <illaenus_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 08:34:47 +0100

Hi m42protosun and Met List member,
I am not sure that You catch a nanodiamonds. Usually they are wisible
under HRTEM microscope (High Resolution TEM) and grains was separate
under acid treatment.
Nanodiamonds form chondrites (CC, OC) have 2 - 3 nm size.
Here a exemple of separate Tagish Lake nanodiamonds powder and my
results form Raman Spectroscopy:
http://picasaweb.google.com/illaenus/TagishLakeNanodiamonds#

Also here is Daulton photo using a HRTEM of single grain form Allende :
http://presolar.wustl.edu/work/tem.html

All the best
Tomek Jakubowski
IMCA #2321

Dnia 20-11-2010 o godz. 1:11 m42protosun napisa?(a):