[meteorite-list] NASA Announces Comet Encounter News Conference

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 16:46:22 -0500

List,
I wonder if these new images will shed new light on the definition of what a comet is?
Typically the description includes the words frozen and ice in some form. But clearly based on the close-up visual images. It seems that this thing is far from being ice. In fact to me it appears to look more like a fiery hot briquette about ready to throw the steaks on to. It seems from the photos that this thing is fully lit from the inside core to the surface. And could not possibly consist of ice in any of it's forms melted or frozen. Well, maybe the surface stays wet and cold but the inside is far from cold.
Hopefully this conference will alert us all with an update as to what we hunters need to be looking for. Because clearly it aint Ice. That's for sure. But I am dying to find out what it is after all! It seems to me we should be looking for melted stuff. Really really melted stuff. Has anyone heard yet what they plan to say the interior is made up of?
My 2 more cents.
Carl
--
Carl or Debbie Esparza