[meteorite-list] US shipping restrictions Was-Question for Europeandealers

From: Rob Holcomb <rob.holcomb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 19:58:00 -0800

Actually the 1 pound limit was imposed by Japan Post; Japan Post will not
accept packages larger than 1 pound bound for the US. As far as the USPS
there are no other countries imposing a similar ban on Airmail. Though
security will be tighter than it was before the fan mail from Yemen arrived.
(All ground and sea based shipments are unaffected.)

ALSO if you are a registered Japanese commercial business making shipments
to the US (on the international safe shippers list) this ban will not impact
your shipments to the US.

http://www.majiroxnews.com/2010/11/13/japan-post-to-stop-parcels-to-us/
http://www.post.japanpost.jp/whats_new/2010/1112_02_c01.pdf

Rob Holcomb