[meteorite-list] {MPML} 2010 WA to come closer than GEO belt

From: Richard Kowalski <kowalski_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 19:51:40 -0700

On 11/16/2010 2:35 PM, Matson, Robert D. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Newly discovered 2010 WA will come within 33,000 km of the earth's
> surface in about 6 hours. Close approach is at around 45 degrees
> north latitude, so it will not come particularly close to any
> geosynchronous satellites. --Rob

Thanks Rob.

I just nabbed it a short time ago as it races down towards the northeast horizon
here at G96 and is now past my northern limit.

It appears to be a little "fast" compared to the MPC's ephemeris, so anyone
trying for it look for it ahead of the predicted location.

--
Richard Kowalski
Catalina Sky Survey