[meteorite-list] Mojave Green Jeans - Images of a Killer Snake

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:05:37 -0800

Cost prohibitive to save a life? ;) Hmmm.... How much cost are we talking?

Seems counter intuitive to me.... Hell, I think most everything should
be free, electricity, medical care, etc... Only problem is 99.9% of the
people on Earth need money to get by from day to day. That sucks! I've
never really understood why medical care isn't free. Let's see, the
doctors and hospitals all say, "Give me money and I'll save your life,
or make you pain free, or cure your disease." Somehow that seems very
wrong to me. Eventually I think humans will get past that BS and say
"Remember when humans used to charge for things like electricity and
medical care...? How silly that was..." ;) But whatever....

I get your point Adam, but what's the actual cost for vials of
antivenin(venom)? $10k $20k $5k...? It must have been in the thousands
for it to be considered cost prohibitive.

Is it "not practical" or is it "cost prohibitive" or both? And how much
are we talking?

Eric