[meteorite-list] Tonight: All-New "Meteorite Men" in Chile

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 10:20:58 -0700

Dear Listees:

Tonight's Season Two, Episode Three premiere of "Meteorite Men" may be
of particular interest to some of you. Steve and I visit the
magnificent 100,000 year-old Monturaqui Crater in Chile's Atacama
Desert, as well as the European Southern Observatory at Paranal, and
the enigmatic San Juan strewnfield.

Monturaqui is truly amazing: one of our planet's best-preserved impact
sites and one of the few places in the world where you can pitch a
tent and sleep on the floor of an actual crater : )

The show airs at 9 pm Eastern and Pacific on Science Channel and
Science Channel HD, with additional show times in most markets, so
please check your local cable listings.

For our overseas friends, we know that "Meteorite Men" Season One is
currently airing in Canada, England, Ireland, and Singapore on the
international Discovery Science networks. Discovery HQ also told me
that they expect S1 to begin airing in Germany and several other
countries, shortly.

We still have no news of a DVD release, but we do hope and expect that
such things will happen eventually. Anyone who would like to keep up
with the latest news about "Meteorite Men" is invited to "like" our
Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/meteoritemen and/or follow
us on Twitter _at_meteoritemen [ http://twitter.com/meteoritemen ]

Steve and I hope you enjoy the show.

Respectfully,