[meteorite-list] A Good Meteorwrong - Shirokovsky

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 17:32:54 -0500

Hi List,

I love a good meteorwrong, and I recently acquired a fantastic
specimen of Shirokovsky. It is a 39g full slice with 3 translucent
crystals. I tried to capture the translucent crystals in photos, but
it proved difficult. I don't have a lightbox (yet), so I had to hold
the specimen up to a bright lamp with one hand and hold the camera
with the other. The result was shaky/blurry photos.

But I did take a couple of decent shots of the slice here -

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/shiro-1.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/shiro-2.jpg

Best regards,

MikeG