[meteorite-list] AD: Special: Extremely unusual Eucrite - NWA 5473

From: Chladnis Heirs <news_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 22:15:40 +0100

Dear Friends of truly unusual meteorites,

in a Quick-Special, we want to present to you a very uncommon and weird new
eucrite.

Just take a look and you'll agree, that we have here a HED of quite unique
appearance:

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/special-nwa5473.html

It is a polymict eucrite, but extremely shocked. Instead of displaying as to
expect textureless impact melts,
the matrix consist of a large variety of grains and finest fragments,
looking almost like have been sprayed around.
Very hard to cut material it is. Here and there large lighter clasts are
preserved.
A strange play of colours it has.

We had held back that stone for two years,
usually if of new material somewhat more gets available, it will appear very
soon with different numbers.
Not so with that one, we are not aware of pairings since.

NWA 5473
Sahara, 2008
tkw 45.9g
polymict EUC
Shock level: high
Weathering grade: moderate

Only a small stone it was;
with such fast-going exciting material of very limited availability,
we have always to vary a little bit, because of the different time zones,
where to publish our Specials firstly, to be more fair.
This time we offered NWA 5473 three hours earlier in the Germs forum,
and all slices went immediately.

But, the good news - the main mass of 23.2g is still free.

And the better news - we priced it fairly cheap for such a quite unique
material: 20$/g.

The polished cut face of the main mass is a little bit reflecting in the
photo,
it is looking as fine as the slices do.

So here you are!

Good luck!

Stefan Ralew & Martin Altmann

Chladni's Heirs
Munich - Berlin
Fine Meteorites for Science & Collectors

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com