[meteorite-list] Missle or Aircraft Controversy Resolved?

From: mafer at imagineopals.com <mafer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 20:56:20 +0000

even old missiles like the Nike left the launch rail at multi-mach
speeds...the chances of an ATC seeing it long enough to think it might be a
problem are slim since it would have been at a close to vertical climb. The
military would have been instructed to just ignore or watch it, depending
on their individual functions. Since it looks like it might have been off
Point Magoo, I'd suspect it was a Navy test shot.