[meteorite-list] Oregon / Washington Meteorite hunting regulations on BLM Land

From: Jeff Grossman <jgrossman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 07:33:56 -0500

  The scientific community is not more interested in irons than stony
meteorites, although some very interesting research is being done on
irons. However, large meteorites make wonderful exhibits and catch
attention of the press. Almost all large meteorites are irons (or
pallasites), such as Old Woman, which was at the "core" of the biggest
ownership controversy involving meteorites found on federal lands.

Jeff