[meteorite-list] NWA 4590 Angrite Slices - AD

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 21:49:26 -0400

Hi All Who Appreciate Angrites:

To help researchers in the ongoing studies of angrite NWA 4590 "Tamassint",
I have cut the 66-gram main mass resulting in the first ever slices of this
meteorite. To my surprise, cutting it resulted in very stable slices which I
was also able to lightly polish on one side. After supplying an internal
slice to scientists, there are a few additional specimens that I would like
to make available to collectors. I believe Tamassint is the most beautiful
of all angrites, especially after viewing a polished surface!

Here is the list of this First-Time-Ever offering of cut & polished
specimens of NWA 4590 "Tamassint":

NWA 4590 "Tamassint" Angrite Specimens (Only 9 slices/end cuts available!!):

23.8g end cut w/ ~25% crust & polished face
32mm x 22mm x 20mm
http://www.lunarrock.com/NWA4590/dsc00001.jpg
6.878g ps w/ ~30% crust along edge
30mm x 22mm x 4mm
http://www.lunarrock.com/NWA4590/dsc00003.jpg
5.238g end cut w/ ~20% crust & polished face
20mm x 16mm x 12mm
http://www.lunarrock.com/NWA4590/dsc00004.jpg
5.050g ps w/ ~25% crust along edge
21mm x 20mm x 4mm
http://www.lunarrock.com/NWA4590/dsc00006.jpg
4.788g ps w/ ~25% crust along edge
29mm x 23mm x 3mm
http://www.lunarrock.com/NWA4590/dsc00007.jpg
2.308g ps (no crust)
19mm x 10mm x 5mm
http://www.lunarrock.com/NWA4590/dsc00008.jpg
872mg ps w/crust along ~40% of edge
16mm x 6mm x 4mm
http://www.lunarrock.com/NWA4590/dsc00009.jpg
552mg ps (no crust)
12mm x 7mm x 4mm
http://www.lunarrock.com/NWA4590/dsc00010.jpg
512mg ps w/crust along ~40% of edge
11mm x 5mm x 4mm
http://www.lunarrock.com/NWA4590/dsc00011.jpg

ps - part slice (polished one side)

If you are interested in a specimen of NWA 4590 "Tamassint" please email me
for pricing. After these, there are only <200mg fragments left!

"Thank You" for considering Tamassint for your collection!

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection