[meteorite-list] Secret BLM maps

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 21:19:38 -0700 (PDT)

I will close my part in this debate by stating that the original Antiquities Act
was written long before there was great interest in meteorites in 1906 and has
nothing to do with meteorites whatsoever. The Management Act of 1976 doesn't
address meteorites at all. The Archaeological Resources Protection Act of 1979
has nothing to do with meteorites either. If the "protection" of meteorites is
that important, common sense would state that they would have been mentioned by
name instead of a vague entity "scientific" Plants have more scientific value
to most.

Meteorites have no scientific value whatsoever unless they are collected from
the field and provided to science.

Happy Hunting,

Adam