[meteorite-list] Photo color issue update - colored scale cubes

From: Steve Dunklee <steve.dunklee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 09:42:38 -0700 (PDT)

photography is always an experiment. It usualy takes many exposures to get an acceptable pic. Having a white background for a dark object is a photographic no no! Its like trying to photograph the moon and expect to see the stars around it. Too much contrast! If you use a grey background and develope as if it is white you get much more detail. I have been realy sloppy with my meteorite photos and can do much better. A polarizing filter used properly can cut out the scale cube problem. have a great day! Steve