[meteorite-list] School Donations Update

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 04:15:18 -0700

 Hi All,
        Due to a few big donations we are now up to $715.63
Which translates into 7 grams.
        HOWEVER no one has offered to sell us, even at full price,
Small whole stones of the fall. Would SOMEONE, please come
Foreword - even at $100/g.
        One person donated several various meteorites - and this
Is definitely encouraged. Please include nice labels that can be
Seen easily be a child standing and looking down into a display
Case. Those wiling to donate various meteorites, please notify
Me off list what they are. I will contact all who do so at a later
Date (hopefully very soon) as to where to send them. No use
Sending them to me and then I have to pay again to ship them.
May as well ship them directly when the time arrives.
        Someone suggested donating to several schools in the area,
But since we can;'t even garnish enough $ and material to do one
Right it is folly to look at cutting what little we have so thinly.
Besides, that is not what people donated for. If others want to
Do other schools that is terrific.
        RSVP off list, please.
        Thanks, Michael
PS: I can't tell if people are PayPaling me via the "Personal"
Option, but please do use it. Thanks