[meteorite-list] Gegenschein - pronounce

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 16:10:12 -0600

There's not necessarily anything wrong with GAY-gen as the correct German
pronunciation. It really comes down to how you pronounce "gay"; there are
regional variants of English that pronounce the "ay" as a single vowel sound
(that's how it is in German), and others that make it a diphthong, something
like "ayee". If you say it the first way, you're going to be very close or
identical to the German pronunciation.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory