[meteorite-list] Iowa-Grant School Donations

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 17:31:42 -0700

Kudos to Terry Boudreaux (who is a fine gentleman
For those of you who have never spoken with him),
        However, I think it would be almost a requirement for
The local school to have at least one whole stone of the
Meteorite that was so famous and fell in their midst.
        So, I will be happy to kick in $10 on purchasing such
An item (it need be no more than 1 to 3 grams) if a few
Dozen others are. I have heard consistently from the hunters
That that region had the nicest farmers and town folk they
Had ever met - so, maybe they could all chip in $10 and maybe
Someone who found multiples would be willing to sell a small
one for the cause at $60 or $70/g and have a tax "write off" of the
difference between that and $100/g - everyone wins.
        If someone will sep foreword with a stone and notify
The list (a photo would be a nice inspiration) I am confident
Enough others would chip in to pay for it. Then the school
Would have a cool stone that fell on their own area. It would
Also be cool if photographs by the finder were included, if
Possible.
        What do others think?
        RSVP, Michael