[meteorite-list] WI Meteorite Hunting Statistics

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 17:44:32 -0700

Since the compiling is taking longer than expected perhaps my self
imposed Sunday deadline for release of the information was a bit
premature. I will try to release it publicly on Sunday, however it might
not be ready by then, if you would like to see what I have thus far,
please feel free to email me on Sunday and I will email it to you
privately. Once I'm finished compiling all the data, I will release it
on my site.

I want to thank everyone thus far who has shown more than reasonable
cooperation in helping compile the data for the strewnfield, and the
statistical cost data. Again as a recap, the more information available
the more accurately we'll be able to map this strewnfield. I have
compiled coordinates for 20-25 finds so far, many people have been way
more than willing to provide their data and I'm surprised actually at
the level of cooperation. Though I'm disappointed that some people I
thought would participate have not yet provided any information.

Those of you who've not yet contributed, I welcome and encourage your
participation. Those not participating because of prior agreements with
your team members and/or landowners, I respect that and look forward to
seeing you in the field on the next one.

Please send:
Total Days In The Field:
Total Hours Hunted Per Day:
Total Miles Walked Per Day:
Total Costs: (just a total number, it need not be itemized)
Total Number of Meteorites Found:
Total Weight Found:
Coordinates: (if you don't mind releasing them publicly)

Thank you all...

Regards,
Eric