[meteorite-list] Wisconsin Appreciation

From: countdeiro at earthlink.net <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 14:19:44 -0400 (EDT)

Just a suggestion to Listees who made the trip and participated in the hunt in Wisconsin.

Seeing as how so many of us were given the opportunity to engage in one of the more exciting and rewarding activities of our hobby and businesses because of the hospitality of a small group of townsfolk and farmers in "real" America, wouldn't it be gracious on our part to take out a page in the newspapers and send a release to the local TV/Radio stations thanking all from us as a group?
Perhaps, someone on the List has another suggestion of a way to show our thanks and appreciation? It would be a sterling gesture and I'm sure our visit would be pleasantly remembered for years to our enduring benefit, unlike some infamous incidents where hunter/collectors have been told by the locals to "pack up your stuff and never come back".

P.S.

I'm aware that several Listees went out of their way to do presentations at schools and buy rounds of drinke, etc.. Good on ya!

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536