[meteorite-list] Another Livingston (or whatever) story

From: Mike Hankey <mike.hankey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 15:32:51 -0400

List,

I'm not sure if this has been covered already or not, but I have a
question regarding this statement:

"The largest chunk yet of a meteor that exploded over Wisconsin last
month has been found...and now have a 10.6-ounce (300-gram) chunk of
space rock"

Wasn't Joe's stone 332 grams? / Wouldn't his be considered the largest yet?

Is the press estimating the actual weight of Marvin's and in reality
its more than 300g?

Another article was posted recently that made the same statement.

I'm just wondering and curious if I'm the only person that noticed
this. Maybe I'm mis-informed or missing something?

Thanks,

Mike