[meteorite-list] Help with Kunya-Urgench

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 18:14:54 -0700

Hi Henry,
        Once a label is separated from a specimen and identification is
No longer certain, a dealer should GIVE the specimen to a
Child or beginning collector. If he is no longer certain of the identity
Of a piece he sold, he should give you a full refund AND pay for shipping
To return it (or negotiate a partial refund and you keep it if and only if
you want it)
        Anything less would be unethical - I am not on the board of the
IMCA which I am sure has a committee to address such circumstances,
But I am confident that would be their response.
        Is the dealer a member of the IMCA? Do you want to keep the
Piece (but receive compensation for it no being an Unidentified NWA
Specimen?) Is the dealer open in his communication?
        All these are factors, but certainly you are due compensation.
        Best wishes, Michael
PS: I can't tell you how many times I dropped VERY valuable small
Frags on my caret and could not tell what piece I found and had to
Abandon specimens worth $100 or more. Very frustrating, but a dealer
Must be certain of identification.