[meteorite-list] WI-Bill and Sonny

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 13:46:51 -0700

Dear Karl & all,
        This diatribe can cease.
        Bill has been removed from the list, at least for the foreseeable
future.
        Direct attacks against another list member are a violation
Of list rules.
        Please, no more. Commenting on others doing it most definitely
Ads a great deal to the pollution - in fact, in my opinion, the nearly
Endless commenting after such an infraction is at least (and I think
More) disruptive than the original violation, itself. People never
Ever seem to learn that they can contact a person off list if they
Hold issue with what s/he said on list. Instead, the issue just goes
On and on and on.
        I find it highly ironic that I have NOT told my 10 year old
Nephew about the list, in spite of his enthusiastic response to
His first exposure to the meteorite scene at the Tucson Show this
Year. Many dealers were exceptionally kind and informative and
Even gave him specimens when they saw his enthusiasm. However,
Given the attacking that goes on on this list and the resulting back
And forth, seemingly endless commentary about same, I have, at
least for the time being, simply not informed him of this source of
otherwise invaluable information.
        How weird is that?
        I don't want to "turn him off" to meteorites, so, I am not telling
Him about the list because so many members utilize this list as a
forum to attack one another, point fingers and comment endlessly
About those who do. Very sad.
        Sincerely, Michael