[meteorite-list] ........... school presentation.....

From: Joe Kerchner <skyrockmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 17:29:04 -0700 (PDT)

Greg, List,
      I have spoke at 3 schools in the past week. I think mendota is going to have hundreds of little meteorite hunters and collectors. There is going to be an article in Meteorite times about my hunt and my school presintations, and pics of it all to, not 100% sure what all is going to be in the article just yet or what photos are going to be used, but cant wait to get it done and be able to see it. My kids are going to think I'm famous, it is a really cool thing. The whole experience from this fall has literally changed my life in a few ways, the $$ is not one, it is bigger than that. I made great friends with guys that I idolized, and made some really good connections and even got a job oppurtunity out of it.
    All the kids were really excited to hold a piece of an asteroid and something older than Earth. They were amazed that they actually came to outer space and landed here on earth.
     One of the 2nd grade girls was naming off meteorites. She asked me about the Tuscon Ring, my jaw dropped. She actually knew quite a bit about meteorites. That was really cool. I was blown away.
Good luck with the kids, they are all going to be interested, even more than you know.

 Best Wishes,
Joe Kerchner
http://illinoismeteorites.com
http://skyrockcafe.com