[meteorite-list] Tally of WI fall masses

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 21:44:54 +0200

Most interesting, Robert, thank you! Then again, there may be a lot of (unknown) people who have not reported their grand totals in finds so far, and last but not least I imagine quite a big load of stones may still be resting there in that supposedly long strewn field, awaiting their finder one of these days...

>From my (geographically far-away) point of perspective, what I found especially nice to read was that the cooperation with the farmers seems to be good. The people there in Wisconsin seem to be friendly, and so it generally seems to be an overall good hunting atmosphere. Which, while reading all those different posts, does not in any case (unfortunately), but should generally reflect itself on this forum.

A special question: are there farmers who strictly oppose scanning their land? I mean, who better want to get out for a search by themselves alone and find something, or just opposing any search by outsiders for reasons whatever (..may be bad experiences with hunters on their land, or may be an attitude of not being interested in all of this hype?).

Seems to be a very nice brecciated meteorite visually, by the way!

Good luck to the potential finders,
Alex
Berlin/Germany

-------- Original-Nachricht --------