[meteorite-list] Tally of WI fall masses

From: Matson, Robert D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 11:52:00 -0700

Hi All,

In the interest of trying to estimate the TKW of the SW Wisconsin fall,
I've gone back through all the Met-List posts, RFSPOD images, newspaper
stories, web-based articles, and anything else public I could find to
generate a rough stone tally. Obviously this is far from a complete
list, and in many cases I don't know the masses of particular finds --
only that a find exists. I'm sure others here can help filling in the
blanks, adding stones that I've missed, or correcting information where
my data is bad or incomplete. The finds below are alphabetical by
finder name (when known); unknown finder names are at the end.

Steve Arnold: 176.1g
Larry Atkins: at least one find (Ref: RFSPD 4/25)
Karl Aston: 160.7g
Jim Baxter: 152g, 20g, + 1 more
Bren (farmer's wife): ~100g
Sonny Clary: 205.6g (Brix find), 144g, 16.8g
Michael Cottingham: 51g (hammer)
Mike Farmer: 131g, 36g, 20g, 17g
Ruben Garcia: 25g, 9.2g, 7.7g, + others?
Mark Hirsch: at least one find
Mark Hugill: 11g (purchased by Terry Boudreaux)
Greg Hupe: 33.7g
Joe Kerchner: 332g
Bill Kies: 38g, 44g, + others
Marvin Killgore: ~300g
Jackson McCluskey: 35g
Mike Miller: 7.7g, 9.6g, + at least 2 more
Stan (last name?): 21g
Todd Parker: 108g
Dave Schultz: 20g + ~25g?
Wade (farmer): 7.5g initial hammer find sent to UW
Robert Ward: 2 finds (masses unknown)
Rob Wesel: 219.2g
Eric Wichman: 14.5g, 19.9g, 18.3g, + others?
Robert Woolard: 3.2g

Iowa-Grant schoolgirl: 1 find, mass unknown
Sister of Ashley Liddicoat: 1 find, mass unknown

Total # of stones: 44+
TKW of stones above w/known masses: 2539.7g