[meteorite-list] pics of slices coming in the AM,

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 06:03:07 -0700 (PDT)

Joe and Listers,
?
Congrats on your find. To be able to experience?this is something that some of us on the List look forward to or have already experienced, and thank you for sharing your story with us on the List Joe :). As for cutting?up your WI?meteorite find, all I can say is do what you please, because the bottom line is?at the end of the day, your family and you come first.

Me personally, I feel by cutting this?meteorite?allows you to share your story with?the meteorite community and?not just one or?two?people if you had?kept the?meteorite whole or cut it in half. I feel that some of the collectors on the List that stress that cutting meteorites is wrong might have a good point..... if that's how they collect, but there are many ways to collect meteorites, not just there?way, which seems elitist to me.

Keep it alive Joe and thank you for sharing?your experience with the List and allowing List members/collectors/the science community?the opportunity to own a piece of history and your story from the WI meteorite fall.
?
Shawn Alan
eBayshop
?http://shop.ebay.com/photophlow/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340