[meteorite-list] Oriented stone question, was AD: Flight Oriented WI Meteorite

From: meteorhntr at aol.com <meteorhntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 19:23:45 +0000

Hello Frank,

Good question. I think almost all crust on small pieces would be "secodary" unless part of a small rock is from the outside of the larger main meteoroid body when it comes in.

If there is even a bit of a nose cone shape to a fragmented part, I would guess it might be easy for a rock to settle into a non-tumbling remaining flight.

But without the flow lines, it might be hard to know for sure.

Steve