[meteorite-list] "Meteorite Men" on DISCOVERY Channel Tonight + UK on Quest

From: Greg Stanley <stanleygregr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 16:35:46 -0700

Hi Geoff:

I enjoyed the episode last night very much.? Beautiful find by Steve, but you did find the first one.

I had a thought at the end - I think a great episode would be "what happens to a 'type' specimen after arriving at a University to be classified."? You could have a variety of samples and show how they are cut and prepared and then how the thin sections are made.? Then how are they probed and then explain the different classifications.? You could include a lot of information and make it not too technical; and of course, what make some meteorites more valuable.

I have gotten meteorites classified and it would be really neat to see the entire process.

I hope you get a second season.

Keep at it... and one day you'll find one on that Mesa.

Greg S.