[meteorite-list] Ad Ebay sellers must see

From: Walter Branch <waltbranch_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 17:38:32 -0400

Eric

I think you missed my point.

I am not advocating building a new website to compete with ebay. I am
talking about using resources that are already in place.

I don't want to create a new ebay or an ebay competitor.

But answer this question, if you would please. What would it hurt if a few
dealers listed a few auctions, buy-it-nows, fixed price sales, etc. at these
alternative sites then let met list members and IMCA members know about
their auctions.

Does everyone who buys meteorites use belong to this list or the IMCA? No,
of course not. But I would be willing to wager a significant number do.

I stated earlier that I sold kg upon kg of meteorites at astro auction. If
I could do it, surely a real meteorite dealer could do it.

I don't advocate building another ebay. I don't care about lamp shades,
pokemon cards, flatware or women's make-up. Just put up some meteorites.
See what happens.

At a free site, could you lose money?

-Walter