[meteorite-list] QUESTION RE METEORITES AND POP CULTURE

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:15:24 -0500

Hi Darryl,

Great idea. Here are a few that readily come to mind - you probably
already have these on the list. Some of these are not really
meteorite-related per-se, but fit loosely in the group perhaps.

Armageddon (movie)
Deep Impact (movie)
Lucifer's Hammer (book)
Meteor Man (movie)
Shoemaker Levy-9 event (brought comets and NEO's to the mass media,
tons of documentaries)
Meteorite Men
Meteorites! (1998 made for TV movie)
Meteor (movie)
2012 (the nonsense and the movie)
Stewie's head is compared to a meteorite by Brian in song (a Family Guy episode)
There are "meteorite" shoes and cosmetics all over eBay - FWIW.

Best regards,

MikeG