[meteorite-list] MOSSGIEL METEORITE

From: countdeiro at earthlink.net <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:44:04 -0500 (EST)

Bob,

Good Morning, Mate

Sounds like you and I might be walking along the same path. Have you noticed the older we get the more guys seem to be joining us? We've haven't met...yet. Maybe your in front of me...I can't tell...But no doubt on my part that we will meet...I'm three years into a three at the most prognosis here. And what do you know! I'm having the time of my life. I discovered our visitors a year or so ago
and recently stumbled over a possible L4/5 maybe LL (it's going to the experts) 14.73Kg chondrite...my first and the largest found so far in my home state of Nevada. The effect of this fascination, call it obsession, and the recent success, has had a more salubrious effect on me than all the radiation and chemo. I caught the drift of your aside about a "poor choices of words" and that prompted me to write you openly. There are others out in List Land that will get the same orders we have and maybe this missive will help them understand their not alone on the journey.

Your slides are more than gorgeous..they draw one in like a....magnet? Your absolutely right...thin sections are where its at..they tell the tale of where we came from...and where were going. I'm struggling to learn the science behind their gorgeous presence...but just to gaze at them might be enough for now. Stay with it over and under there and not to worry.

Good on ya,

Guido
IMCA 3536