[meteorite-list] Meteors, by C. P. Oliver an original copy pubished in 1925

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 20:01:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi Bob, AL, and Listers :)
?
Thank you for your comments on this topic. The book that is in question has been posted on the Internet?by a?gentlemen that married Dr LaPaz daughter. He is handling Dr LaPaz estate and in 2001 found over 500g of Norton County meteorite in Dr LaPaz basement?which 320g was taped by Dr LaPaz in fear of the fragment fracturing( I have 3 images that he sent me and if anyone wants to see the images I can email them to you if you like). Last month I had purchased 2.3s fragment with?photo copy's of new paper clippings and a photo copy of a hand written letter from Dr LaPaz.?Also the individual had told me about the book he uploaded to the Internet?and from the email he sent me he stated Dr LaPaz would sign his name in his book. Signing your name on something you own?and doing a signature for a book sign?are two different things. One is lose and the other is tight. Now its funny Mike hasn't stated where he got the book from with the signature.The book
 that is listed on the Internet is from Dr LaPaz's personal library collection, making?that book from the?main source. Also when you look at the signature and the signing there are a few similarities between the two. Here is a link to the signature and the signing by Dr LaPaz.
?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48262799 at N03/4422192244/
?
Take a look at the 2 L's?and take a look at?where the?L curves. At each instance with both L's the curves are similar with their curves. This can be further seen with the P's on the top of the P, the arch?lines up perfectly on the upward?angle which that angle is also indicative with the L?angles as well. When looking at the bottom of the?P's they both point at?an inward angle. Also notice the relation of where the?P's start to the relation of?P's arch. In both P's?one can notice that the proportions are congruent. Another observation I pointed out that I think is damning is look at the P in the left corner and do you notice at the end of the P how it arches up? Now take a look at the signature and look at the end of the P and see the arches and almost closes cause its a signature.
?
Now I would like to move to the A's. In both hand writing samples I cant pen point any similarities between the two on how they are written in style. But I did notice a pattern?between the two on how they're written. Now take a look at both A's from the samples. Notice that the A's in La are different in respects to the?A's in Paz. That pattern is suggestive in both writing samples where you see that one?A?are different to?one another.
?
Lets move on to the Z. This one was a hard one but after writing to you and having a nights rests I noticed the shapes?are similar. One is tight and the other is vary loose. Where the z intersects the distance at the intersection point is similar in respects to proportion.
?
Now what you two , I mean three are saying, if a?women wrote in the book that is listed on the internet http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/11388383_xtf3A#800281414_E7khp
?
why are there alot of similarities between the two examples of writings? I would find it very odd that there would be any similarities at all.?Now?lets say that the?signature is from a book signing that?Mike personal went to and got?the signature from Dr LaPaz, I would?feel that Mikes signature would validate as a good source and would confirm that the two samples have similarities. And if?it wasn't signed in front of Mike the signature as an example could be in question. But again, Mike is an expert in historical books and?signatures, so I would have to agree with you Bob and Al that the signature Mike provided is by Dr LaPaz. In turn we can take that example listed by Mike and compare and it to the signed name by Dr LaPaz in the other book see?some good similarities in the two writing styles.
?
Thank you
Shawn Alan??
?