[meteorite-list] It is a sad day.....

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 13:03:04 -0500

Many countries have what are referred to loosely as "Antiquity &
National Heritage Acts" and this is modeled after the same. Simply
expressed, a wide net is being cast, and it's not a novel idea for
meteorites to be viewed as part of a nation's heritage.

I hope Jeff Grossman's idea is embraced---which happens to be in the
pocket of the work Svend and others have already embarked upon.

All best / Darryl