[meteorite-list] Vesta

From: Walter Branch <waltbranch_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 11:11:49 -0500

Hello Everyone,

As we all know, some meteorites originate from the asteroid Vesta. We can
hold these meteorites in our hands, but how many have actually seen the
parent body of the these wonderful meteorites.

Phil Harrington is a regular contributor at Cloudy Nights. Phil is a "big
name" in the area of binocular astronomy. This month's Binocular Universe
article features a nice chart of how to spot Vesta, which is in the
constellation Leo.

http://www.cloudynights.com/item.php?item_id=2402

It's an easy target. I observed it recently through my 7 x 50 binoculars.

Clear skies,

-Walter Branch