[meteorite-list] Your first meteorite thin-sections

From: tett <tett_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 08:09:02 -0400

Thin sections are wonderful. My first came from Dean Bessey at the
first Ontario meteorite party some 10+ years ago. This was a nice
Allende TS which Dean sold to me for $20!

I now have about 40 thin sections and will continue to buy these. I
find thins sections just as wonderful as the stones themselves.

Here are some links to my first pics taken from my first slide. With
help from members (Thanks Johns K. and Bernd P.) my pictures are now better.

Cheers!

Mike Tettenborn

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_fvv_KTT4Ly0/TCc9Ch-lWUI/AAAAAAAABPQ/wOZpDlBfxtA/s800/allende_thinsection4.jpg
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_fvv_KTT4Ly0/TCc9FlSuIqI/AAAAAAAABPU/pw9VZBOQDDg/s800/allende_thinsection6.jpg