[meteorite-list] Your first meteorite thin-sections

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 20:24:20 +1000 (EST)

Listoids

No doubt like all of youse - I have thoroughly enjoyed the posts on your
your first meteorite

But - I'd like to ask listoids what was their first thin-section and what
was the impetus for you to begin to collecting and enjoying thin-sections

I realise that some listoids may not collect thin-sections nor perhaps
enjoy them as much as others do

But this is what is so wonderful about our hobby - the depth and variety
of threads that we can explore and collect

Some friends collect postcards stamps newspapers focusing on meteorites
and thoroughly enjoy this aspect only !

Everyone has their special joy in collecting and for this we should be
eternally grateful

As above - I'd love to hear from you what started you to collect
collecting meteorite thin-sections and what your first thin-section was

No doubt other listoids will thoroughly enjoyn this too !

Best