[meteorite-list] Your First Meteorite - When did you Get It

From: Gingell, Tim <Tim.Gingell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 12:30:28 +0100

My first meteorite was a 24g sikhote alin purchased from Rob Elliot back in
2003 along with a 160 g tektite and that was me hooked.
Since then I thought I'd try and get UK meteorites which led to a purchase of
Barwell, Limerick and a good sized piece of Strathmore.
My collection to date still consist of these but with an addition of Brahin,
Esquel, a 2kg campo 50g Taza, numerous moldavites (which are my favourite)
some canyon Diablo individuals and spheroids, various thin slices and a
really nice heavily thumbprinted Sikhote I purchased from Jim Strope 5 or 6
years ago.

Unfortunately these will be up for sale soon as my other half has given me
the ultimatum of collecting meteorites or keeping my motorbike fanatics up so
I'm afraid the rocks will have to go but dare say I'll still keep a few