[meteorite-list] New Iron (Ataxite) SHRAPNEL

From: Steve Schoner <schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 23:08:58 GMT

Jason,

40 meters is just over 120 feet. I think during WW2 V-2's could produce holes near that big.

A nuke can produce a hole over ten times that as in this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Plowshare

What got me going was the the term "shrapnel" and the fact that WWII was fought in North Africa.

Did not read the rest of the thread.

Also made a error. Ataxites have high Ni, not low. (Right-Left brain thing I suppose)

But I think that there are some bomb steels that have high Ni as well.

But to end my discussion with the information that everyone was very apt to send to me...

NO Doubt that this is a meteorite, and a big crater.

AMAZING DISCOVERY !

Steve
www.petroslides.com
IMCA #4470