[meteorite-list] First use of "Hammer" for a meteorite

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 13:20:41 -0700

Hi Martin,
        When I opened my "Hammer" page (which is now two pages).
I am not certain of the date, but it is many years ago, now.
        I was inspired by a book called, "Lucifer's Hammer" in which
An astronomer named Hamner had identified a huge asteroid headed
For earth - and a mad preacher began preaching doom and religious
Ideology, mistakenly distorting the discoverer's name and began
referring to it as "Lucifer's Hammer" (which would strike the earth).
        My initial inspiration in collecting hammers came from the
Discovery of The Meteorite Hits web site by Walter Branch - which
In recent years has been adopted by the IMCA and is maintained by
them.
        I have also discovered additional hammers on my own and also
With the help of Bob Walker, Down Under.
        Best wishes, Michael