[meteorite-list] can a listoid translate this prev unseen meteorite medallion insert for me ?

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 12:38:17 +0200

Hi Bob,

just ask the producer.

Here the contact form of the firm:
http://www.muenzkontor.de/kontakt-0-0-0-2000-1.html

Goede was an astro-philatelist, who founded this enterprise, which produces
medals and tokens since.

Of course it is no lunar.
The only lunaite available at those times would have been Calcalong Creek.

(You know, that tiny stone, said to be handed over by an archangel to
Ibn-al-Hagg; that lunaite, which was first white, but turned later black
from the sins done to Australian meteoritics by the muftis there).

Nja well, and the prices of Calacalong reported then - whether they were
realized - I don't know - range from 1.3 millions to a later 0.25 million
USD (not inflation-adjusted),
which would have been somewhat too expensive for such a medal.
And anyway it had only 19g tkw, too less to fill some thousands coins with
samples.

Best!
Martin

PS: McCuistian just offers a Calcalong speck on Indonesian ebay.
item-ID: 160433695839

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----