[meteorite-list] question about olivine diogenites

From: Kieron Heard <kieron.heard_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:13:49 +0100

Hi Folks,

I wonder if anyone can offer some advice? I am pleased to have obtained a
sample of NWA 6149 (prov) - an olivine diogenite. This prompted me to do
some research on the MetBull Database, and I see that there are only three
meteorites that are classified there as 'olivine diogenites' (MIL 07001, NWA
5603 and NWA 6157). Other stones that have in the past been described as
olivine diogenites (such as GRA 98108 and NWA 1459) have recommended
classifications of 'diogenite', despite seeming to have a significant
olivine content.

So my question is, What is the requirement for a meteorite to be recorded in
the database as as 'olivine diogenite'?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Regards, Kieron