[meteorite-list] Biggest Meteorites by Type

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 13:58:59 -0400

After some feedback from the List, here is the current list again -

Largest Meteorites :

Largest carbonaceous CM1 - Moapa Valley - 691 g
Largest iron - Hoba - 60 MT
Largest chondrite - Jilin - 4 MT
Largest aubrite - Norton County - 1.1 MT
Largest Martian meteorite - Zagami - 18 kg
Largest Lunar meteorite - NWA 5000 / Kalahari 009 - 11.53 kg / 13.5 kg
Largest pallasite - Fukang - 1 MT
Largest angrite - D'Orbigny - 16.5 kg

Best regards,

MikeG