[meteorite-list] NWA 5400: Earth-Related Meteorite

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 21:35:05 -0700 (PDT)

Congratulations Greg,

I know how hard it was for you to wait so long while
everything was being checked and cross-checked before announcing such an astonishing
discovery. It was difficult for me not
to say anything as I was very excited for you and NWA 5400 after hearing the preliminary results over a year ago. I am even more excited after reading the papers!

This is a huge deal. This very well could be the world?s
first recognized terrene meteorite which in my opinion is the ?holy grail? of
all meteorites. I remember the big deal
the press made about the Antarctic GRA 06128; GRA 06129 meteorites when they believed that they plotted on the terrestrial line but latter it was determined they did in fact not. This made
world wide press only to find out latter that they plotted with the Brachinites.
NWA 5400 has been cross-checked in several of best laboratories so there is no
doubt whatsoever about the oxygen isotope results.

Just Fantastic, Again Congratulations!

Adam