[meteorite-list] Technical question about NomCom and Bulletin

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 19:09:36 -0700

Hi Jeff and all,
        It seamed to me you answered your own question when
You stated, "Note that the activities of the Society only involve
dissemination of information... the Society does not buy,
sell, or trade meteorites, nor directly support research done
on them."
        With such a statement it seams clear to me that whether
Or not a meteorite was or was not removed from a country that
Does or does not officially condone taking meteorites out of the
Country is entirely irrelevant - if, in fact, as you say, "...the activities
of the Society only involve dissemination of information."
        Whether or not said information does or does not "contribute"
Or "support" illegal activity seams clear to me.... But perhaps I
Am missing something... How can mere information be an act
That involves the Meteoritical society "contributing" to "illegal
Acts?" Information is information. It neither contributes nor
Prevents acts legal or illegal.
        If I write an article verifying a gold artifact was found in
The tomb of thus & such a pharaoh in Egypt, am I somehow
"contributing to" the act of someone stealing it, if, in fact, someone
Did steal it?
        Perhaps you were asking some other question and the error
Is in my inference?
        Best wishes, Michael