[meteorite-list] Gebel Kamil webpage

From: info at niger-meteorite-recon.de <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 16:56:07 +0200 (CEST)

?
I happily acknowledge your experience Jason, but that is not the point. I can
only speak for myself, and I?do not base such statement on a photo without any
chance to study the evidence in situ.?
?
By the way, the original source of both pictures you quote is the Museo
Nazionale Antartide, although the source you quote does not give credits and has
obviously changed the aspect ratio of the second photo to make it fit the
website template.
?
In the supplement to the Science-express article of Folco et al. on the Kamil
crater, the left photo has the original caption:

"An 83 kg meteorite specimen found 230 m due north of the crater showing
regmaglypts"
?
The photo on the right, which is?from the Museo Nazionale
Antartide Kamil crater website, has the original caption:

"largest recoveredmass ca. 80 kg".
?
Luigo Folco from the Museo Nazionale, the head of the Kamil expedition, wrote in
the express version of his article in Science, that the finds of his team
consisted of shrapnel "except one individual fragment of 83 kg?.?I see no reason
to doubt his words.

Regards,
Svend

Jason Utas <meteoritekid at gmail.com> hat am 29. Juli 2010 um 15:42 geschrieben: