[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - July 28, 2010 "Congratulations to All"

From: Thomas Webb <webbth1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:10:47 -0700 (PDT)

Michael and list,
Thanks for the photos of these distinguished members of The Meteoritical Society. Congratulations are in order to Hiroshi Takeda for his work toward a better understanding of HED achondrites and the lunar crust; to William K. Hartmann for his work on impact cratering phenomena as well as his work on the origin of our moon; to Joel Schiff who founded METEORITE magazine in 1995; and to Daniel Glavin for his contributions to the field of organic cosmochemistry. We also need to congratulate Bethany Ehlmann on receiving the Pellas-Ryder Award for her 2008 paper in SCIENCE, Orbital Identification of Carbonate-bearing Rocks on Mars, and also congratulations to Gregory Brennecka, recipient of the Brian Mason Award for his abstract on 238U/235U Variations In Meteoritic Materials.
My best,
Thomas H. Webb