[meteorite-list] AD- For the iron and rare material collectors

From: Rob Wesel <nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 15:07:38 -0700

Hello all

Back in 2005 I bought a few kilos of NWA 2924 mesosiderite. During cutting
I ran into two individuals that were pure iron and set them aside for
etching. Well 5 years later I finally got around to it. I am keeping one and
have 3 small endcuts available for sale at $5 per gram.

Weights are 18.4, 21.3 and 34.6 grams

I have never seen any of these offered before and was quite pleased with the
etch Mike Miller was able to coerce, sort of a Willamette type etch broken
up by fine, presumably silicate, inclusions.

http://www.nakhladogmeteorites.com/catalog/mesiron.htm

Rob Wesel
www.nakhladogmeteorites.com
www.facebook.com/nakhladog