[meteorite-list] POP QUIZ WINNER AND ANSWER

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 15:59:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Listers,

I would like to say thank you for everyone that submitted their answers to me on the POP QUIZ I posted yesterday. The winner will receive a 10mg Tagish Lake sample which can be viewed at...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4138/4753416050_8466ccdded_b.jpg

The question from yesterdays POP QUIZ was....
Question: Who proposed the name Troilite, and who was Troilite named after?

And the correct answer is...
William Karl Haidinger and Domenico Troili

I would like to congratulate Elizabeth Warner for being the first one to answer the questions correctly because I only had 3 people give me the correct answers.

Answer can be found at....

http://books.google.com/books?id=7SvtVoa1W-cC&pg=PA26&lpg=PA26&dq=Who+proposed+the+name+Troilite&source=bl&ots=VYArCK7Xle&sig=nCmqfbse1GEMYJiWsSw2clxyfbk&hl=en&ei=eqsrTJamIsLflgfvxfjwCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CDEQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=Who%20proposed%20the%20name%20Troilite&f=false

Thank you
Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
eBaystore